Thursday 7 February 2013

A chubby chirp

Back in the autumn my neighbours gave me some lavender. Unsure what to do with it, but inspired by vague ideas of cottage kitchens I hung it up to dry. The fact that I live in a three-bed semi didn't deter me at all!


I had no idea how long to dry it for so there it stayed. Then during the Christmas holidays I started knitting this little guy. I had some lavender/lilac/violet wool in my stash which needed using up, and I had found a cheerful pattern on Rebecca Danger's blog.


He was pretty quick to knit; it took me a while because I kept getting distracted! He is stuffed with a mixture of toy stuffing and dried lavender and smells lovely. He is destined for my linen drawer but just for now I can't bear to hide him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!