Wednesday 13 February 2013

Doing Lent Generously


I come from a church tradition which doesn't really follow Lent, and the thought of giving up chocolate for a month brings me out in a cold sweat. (Maybe that is the idea!) However, this year I have decided to be a bit more intentional about Lent and have signed up for the 40acts: Do Lent Generously challenge. 

The main idea, according to the website, is to make Lent a "preparation for a lifetime of big-heartedness". Sounds good to me! There are daily challenges to be more generous, ranging from "Have a car-free day" to "Smile". I don't intend to blog about each one, but there may be the occasional update!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really good Lent programme- I hope that [a] you are truly blessed as you follow it and [b] you blog about the blessings!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!