Tuesday 1 January 2013

A new crock!

I have been thinking about buying a slow cooker for a while now, enticed by the idea that it uses less power than my main oven but unsure if it is really worth the outlay. However, I spotted this little beauty on offer today in the supermarket. How could I resist? After all, it will save me money in the long run. Honestly.


So now I've just got to learn how to use it! I know that lots of you in this corner of the blogosphere use one, and I am looking forward to getting to grips with it.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you end up loving yours as much as I do. I cook whole chickens in ours, have steamed puddings in it, made stews and soups, and think it is just great! The other benefit is that the house smells amazing whilst you are cooking something, as well as the obvious money saving through not using the oven. There are websites devoted to crockpot cooking, so I'd say go and have a look and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Morgan says is right! enjoy!!
    new year blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it! It is nice to get a dish going and let it handle itself for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely purchase!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I have been investigating recipes and hope to start using it this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!