278 comments published...
11,067 page views.
Please forgive this rather self-indulgent post! Just over one year ago I started my blog. Nervously I wrote my first few posts, unsure if anyone outside my family would ever read them! I had no idea quite how blogging would enhance my life.
- I have made some wonderful, supportive friends who post encouraging comments about my ramblings.
- I have discovered vegetarian cooking and we now eat veggie at least once a week.
- I have learnt to crochet and discovered that I really love it.
- I have conquered my fear of the sewing machine.
- I spent a month baking all our bread, cakes and biscuits from scratch.
- I have found that I enjoy photography, which I would never have guessed.
- I have been encouraged to live more sustainably and have started getting a veg box.
I think I have found my blogging voice now. I don't have time to blog every day, but I try to manage every few days. I have had a few comments that were like the "howlers" in Harry Potter; I felt that I was being shouted at! Although I don't like getting them, I have learnt when to respond and when to leave well alone.
I am very grateful to everyone who reads, comments on or follows my blog. To thank you I would like to host my first giveaway! I am going to put together a little parcel which represents me and the area that I live. To be entered into the draw for the parcel, please leave a comment by Sunday 14th July. You don't have to be a follower, and I am very happy to post abroad.