Sunday 7 October 2012

One down and one to go!

Back in September I succumbed to my children's request for larger Christmas stockings and started a new knitting project. I have just finished the first. It may eventually acquire tassels and pom-poms if I can persuade DD to make some!


I had never knitted socks before, so this was a bit of a challenge - turning the heel was interesting...


To be honest, it wasn't totally successful and there are a few judicious stitches in the heels. I am still fairly pleased with the result. I have persuaded DD that a snowflake pattern is much more exciting than stripes and started on the next stocking. I have just about reached the fair isle section.


Fair isle knitting in the round? I am feeling nervous!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!