Saturday 21 July 2012

Fudging it!

This year we decided to make fudge as a thank you gift for DS's teacher. The recipe I use is from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's "River Cottage Everyday".


I was given this as a gift a few years ago and it is one of my favourites. Hugh's recipe uses butter and cream but there are lots of ways to make fudge and Google will throw up a load of different choices.



Morgan from "Growing in the Fens" makes her's using condensed milk, and I have made it using marshmallows, but that was a bit weird! Some recipes use a microwave, but not owning one we stuck to the traditional stove top method with a sugar thermometer. This is the one part of the recipe that DS didn't do!



For some reason the fudge looked a bit anaemic but it still tasted delicious. Not all of it made it as far as the school...

1 comment:

  1. I will have to have a look at this fudge recipe and see if it is easier than the one with the condensed milk - I do have some of the HF-W books, but not this one, so I'll have to have a root round in the library!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!