Thursday 19 July 2012

Cross stitch wedding card

Some friends of mine are getting married on Saturday. I am so excited; I haven't been to a wedding in ages! I found the May/June issue of Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine when I visited my local craft shop a while ago.


As you can see, my copy is getting very dog-eared! It has some lovely quirky designs for wedding cards:



I found the cross stitch itself pretty straightforward. It took slightly longer than the recommended time, but I think I am a pretty slow stitcher. However, the outlining was a bit different. Don't look too hard at the groom's tie; he hasn't got it on straight at all!




I couldn't get the recommended aperture cards and had to make do with slightly smaller ones. I fiddled around with double-sided sticky tape and added a bit of bling to come up with a finished product:


I very much enjoyed making it. There are a few other designs in the magazine that I am itching to have a go at, but I have a backlog of Guide badges to sew on to a camp blanket first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I am always happy to hear from you!